Your “presence” can be defined as your ability to make a strong impression on people who meet you. What’s the difference between being present and having presence? More interviews, more offers, more money and more promotions. Here’s how you can build on what you have.
Presence is comprised of several personal qualities like confidence, intelligence, and like ability are among them. If you have challenges with any of these qualities, it may be difficult for you to command attention in a crowded room, whether it’s at a networking event or career fair. There are two essential challenges, building your confidence, intelligence, or like ability and showing those qualities.
- You have to have good listening skills.
- Before you begin speaking make eye contact, posture and smile. things the people use to see your character.
- Voice, vocabulary, and clarity are all part of your speaking style.
- Great ideas only become important only when people are willing to follow and listen.
I suggest observing yourself as a stranger , including leaving a long voice mail message for yourself so you can hear your voice as someone else would for the first time. I also suggest asking friends about your first impression upon meeting you.
These methods may help you prioritize what aspects of your charisma you want to work on first.
That's something I will start doing.
ReplyDeleteAhhh....Elmer! Impressive and of course your right. There is definitely a difference between being present and having a "presence". Many people have trouble distinguishing the differences but I'm glad you have made yourself aware in this aspect and I hope your blog will help others become more aware. Kudos!
ReplyDelete